Partner with Cancer Care Ontario. Make a Difference.
Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) is looking for Patient and Family Advisors to help build the best cancer system in the world.
We believe that working with patients, families, and community groups will help us to better plan, deliver and evaluate health service. This will enable us to drive system change and create the best health system in the world.
What do Patient and Family Advisors do?
Patient and Family Advisors from different geographical locations provide input and advice from a variety of perspectives to CCO’s working groups, committees and councils. They help CCO and its partners to advance a patient-centered approach to healthcare, improving every stage of the patient journey.
How do I know if I’m qualified?
You must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a patient or family member/caregiver with current/previous experience in the cancer system
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in English
- Some experience serving on a committee (through work or volunteer experience)
- Ability to translate your personal experience within the cancer system and represent a broad range of patient interests
- Willingness to share/talk about your experiences with large groups of people (peers, clinicians, administrators)
- Sign a non-disclosure and conflict of interest agreement
- Regular access to internet and email is preferable
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be able to attend an in-person Orientation meeting in Toronto in the Fall of 2013. Future dates will be announced as recruitment continues. Travel and accommodation will be covered by CCO.
How can I become a Patient and Family Advisor?
Click here to access the application form.
Submit the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org